YMCA of Greater Springfield
“Celebrating a Century of SWIMMING”
YMCA’s have been teaching people to swim for more than a century. Y aquatics offers the opportunity to participate in programs during every phase of life: Parent/child introductory programs, pre-school and youth progressive swim lessons (the YMCA’s third most widely offered program nationwide), adult programs, boy & girl scout nights, lap swimming and family fun!
Members: $70 / Non-Members: $126
PARENT/CHILD LESSONS (6-36 MONTHS)
1. Water Discovery (6-18 months): Monday 5:15pm-5:45pm / Saturday 9:00am-9:30am
2. Water Exploration (19-36 months): Wednesday 5:15pm-5:45pm / Saturday 9:30am-10:00am
PRESCHOOL LESSONS (3 YEARS – 5 YEARS)
1.WaterAcclimation (Warm pool): Monday4:00pm-4:30pm / Monday 5:15pm-5:45pm / Wednesday 4:00pm-4:30pm Wednesday 5:15pm-5:45pm / Wednesday 6:30pm-7:00pm / Saturday 9:00am-9:30am / Saturday 10:15am-10:45am
2.Water Movement (Warm pool): Monday4:00pm-4:30pm / Monday 4:30pm-5:00pm / Monday 6:00pm-6:30pm Monday 6:30pm-7:00pm / Wednesday 4:00pm-4:30pm / Wednesday 4:30pm-5:00pm / Wednesday 6:00pm-6:30pm Saturday 9:30am-10:00am / Saturday 10:45am-11:15am / Saturday 11:15am-11:45am
3.Water Stamina (Warm pool): Monday4:30pm-5:00pm / Monday 6:00pm-6:30pm / Wednesday 4:30pm-5:00pm Wednesday 6:30pm-7:00pm / Saturday 10:15am-10:45am / Saturday 11:15am-11:45am
4.Stroke Introduction (Cold pool): Monday6:30pm-7:00pm Wednesday 6:00pm-6:30pm / Saturday 10:45am-11:15am
YOUTH LESSONS (6 YEARS AND UP)
1. Water Acclimation (Beginner 1): Monday 5:00pm-5:45pm / Wednesday 5:00pm-5:45pm / Wednesday 6:00pm-6:45pm / Saturday 9:00am-9:45am
2. Water Movement (Beginner 2): Monday 4:00pm-4:45pm / Monday 6:00pm-6:45pm / Wednesday 4:00pm-4:45pm / Saturday 10:00am-10:45am
3. Water Stamina (Intermediate 1): Monday 4:00pm-4:45pm / Monday 6:00pm-6:45pm / Wednesday 4:00pm-4:45pm / Wednesday 5:00pm-5:45pm / Saturday 9:00am-9:45am
4. Stroke Introduction (Intermediate 2): Monday 4:00pm-4:45pm/ Monday 5:00pm-5:45pm / Wednesday 5:00pm-5:45pm / Wednesday 6:00pm-6:45pm / Saturday 11:00am-11:45am
5. Stroke Development (Advanced 1): Monday 5:00pm-5:45pm / Wednesday 4:00pm-4:45pm / Saturday 10:00am-10:45am
6. Stroke Mechanics (Advanced 2): Monday 6:00pm-6:45pm / Wednesday 6:00pm-6:45pm / Saturday 11:00am-11:45am
ADULT LESSONS: (45-MINUTE CLASSES)
(Thursday classes are prorated for Thanksgiving)
1. Adult beginner Water Acclimation: Thursday 4:15pm-5:00pm
2. Adult beginner Stroke Introduction: Thursday 5:00pm-5:45pm
3. Masters: Tuesday 6:30pm-7:30pm
CLASSES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
SCANTIC VALLEY YMCA AQUATICS CENTER:
Two 75-foot pools offer access to everyone. The aquatics center has been designed for everyone to enjoy, in the water or out. Our large windows allow viewing from seats in the hallway area, deck seating allows spectators to get closer to the action. Our zero-entry depth, wheelchair accessible, shallow warm water pool is kept at a temperature of 88 – 90 degrees. Both pools are supervised by a lifeguard at all times. Throughout the day there are many opportunities for swimming lessons, therapy, or open swimming.
STEAM/SAUNA: Enjoy the co-ed steam and sauna located in the aquatics center.
MAKE-UP POLICY FOR ALL AQUATICS CLASSES:
We cannot offer makeups, credits, or refunds for any missed classes during the session.
Classes that are canceled for any reason by the YMCA will be re-scheduled by the Aquatics Department. Please note any class with fewer than three participants is subject to cancellation.