Aiming for academic, social, economic, and physical health
Inspire to attend college
Move toward personal, family and community advancement
Working together, The YMCA of Greater Springfield, Springfield Public Schools, Big Y Foods, and other business partners throughout the greater Springfield area are partnering to transform the lives of our youth. In response to the drop-out rate, poor attendance, and low advancement rates in Springfield Y-AIM was formed.
The goal of Y-AIM is to provide talented, underachieving at-risk youth entering middle school with a solid support system throughout middle school and all four years of high school as a means to assure graduation from high school, pursuit of higher education, and access to gainful employment in the global marketplace.
WHERE WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO?
The Y-AIM program currently operates at:
- The High School of Science and Technology
- The High School Commerce
- Springfield High School
- Springfield Central High School
- Putnam Vocational Technical Academy
- Kiley, Kennedy, Chestnut, Van Sickle, Forest Park, South End and STEM middle schools
We serve more than 350 students at our sites. Schools are each served by a Y-AIM Youth Advocate that works with students during school hours, focused on their individual academic, behavioral, and attendance needs. The advocate also regularly communicates with guidance, teachers and parent/guardians to provide consistent and effective supports. Monthly meetings and bi-weekly reports also contribute to the “student plan” provided by our advocates. We combine these efforts by providing quality after school time care.
OUR AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM SITES:
• Springfield Y Outreach Center 275 Chestnut Street, Springfield
• Scantic Valley Y Family Center 45 Post Office Park, Wilbraham
• Sullivan Outreach Center 160 Nursery Street, Springfield*
• North End Outreach Center 1772 Dwight Street, Springfield
• Mason Square Outreach Center 33 Oak Street, Springfield
• Birch Park Outreach Center 144 Birch Park Circle, West Springfield
• Lower Liberty Heights Outreach Center 233 Franklin Street, Springfield
THANK YOU TO OUR MAJOR SPONSORS: