YMCA of Greater Springfield
“Celebrating a Century of SWIMMING”
YMCA’s have been teaching people to swim for more than a century. Y aquatics offers the opportunity to participate in programs during every phase of life: Parent/child introductory programs, pre-school and youth progressive swim lessons (the YMCA’s third most widely offered program nationwide), adult programs, boy & girl scout nights, lap swimming and family fun!
Member: $70.00 Non-member: $120.00
November 1 – December 18 ( 7 week session)
Member registration: October 11 / Non-member registration: October 18
PARENT/CHILD LESSONS (6-36 MONTHS) (30 minute classes)
1. Water Discovery (6-18 months): Monday 5:15pm-5:45pm
2. Water Exploration (19-36 months): Monday 5:45pm-6:15pm
PRESCHOOL LESSONS (3 YEARS – 5 YEARS) (30 minute classes)
1. Water Acclimation (Beginner 1): Monday 5:15pm-5:45pm, 5:45pm-6:15pm
Wednesday 4:00pm-4:30pm, 4:30pm-5:00pm, 5:45pm-6:15pm
Saturday 9:00am-9:30am; Saturday 9:30am-10:00am
2. Water Movement (Beginner 2): Monday 4:00pm-4:30pm, 4:30pm-5:00pm
Wednesday 5:15pm-5:45pm, 5:45pm-6:15pm, 6:30pm-7:00pm
Saturday 10:15am-10:45am, 11:00am-11:30am
3. Water Stamina (Intermediate): Monday 6:30pm-7:00pm
Wednesday 4:00pm-4:30pm, 6:30pm-7:00pm
4. Stroke Introduction (Advanced): Monday 6:30pm-7:00pm
YOUTH LESSONS (6 YEARS AND UP) (45 minute classes)
1. Water Acclimation (Beginner 1): Monday 5:00pm-5:45pm
2. Water Movement (Beginner 2): Monday 4:00pm-4:45pm, 6:00pm-6:45pm
Wednesday 4:00pm-4:45pm, 5:00pm-5:45pm
3. Water Stamina (Intermediate 1): Monday 4:00pm-4:45pm
Wednesday 4:00pm-4:45pm, 6:00pm-6:45pm
4. Stroke Introduction (Intermediate 2): Monday 4:00pm-4:45pm;
5. Stroke Development (Advanced 1): Monday 5:00pm-5:45pm
6. Stroke Mechanics (Advanced 2): Monday 6:00pm-6:45pm
TEEN & ADULT LESSONS: (45 minute classes)
1. Adult beginner Water Acclimation: 4:15pm-5:00pm
2. Adult beginner Stroke Introduction: 5:00pm-5:45pm
3. Adult advanced Stroke Mechanics: 5:45pm-6:30pm
4. Masters: 6:30pm-7:30pm
CLASSES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
SCANTIC VALLEY YMCA AQUATICS CENTER:
Two 75-foot pools offer access to everyone. The aquatics center has been designed for everyone to enjoy, in the water or out. Our large windows allow viewing from seats in the hallway area, deck seating allows spectators to get closer to the action. Our zero entry depth, wheelchair accessible, shallow warm water pool is kept at a temperature of 88 – 90 degrees. Both pools are supervised by a lifeguard at all times. Throughout the day there are many opportunities for swimming lessons, therapy or open swim.
STEAM/SAUNA: Enjoy the co-ed steam and sauna located in the aquatics center.
MAKE-UP POLICY FOR ALL AQUATICS CLASSES:
We cannot offer makeups, credits, or refunds for any missed classes during the session.
Classes that are cancelled for any reason by the YMCA will be re-scheduled by the Aquatics Department. Please note any class with fewer than three participants is subject to cancellation.