We have missed you but we’ve been busy!
Thank you for making a difference by being part of the Y family. Even though our Y facilities have been closed, we’ve been hard at work to refocus our efforts and resources to proactively meet the most critical needs of our community. We are excited to begin reopening our Scantic Valley and Downtown Springfield branches soon. We want to keep our members and staff safe by following strict guidelines from the CDC, state and local authorities.
WHAT WE’VE BEEN DOING
• Providing emergency child care for essential workers
• Continued our LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA cancer survivor program and
Diabetes Prevention program virtually
• Virtual group exercise instruction
• Virtual children’s engagement opportunities
• Facility improvements and safety measures in our program areas
THE REOPENING PROCESS WILL HAPPEN IN STAGES AND WILL GRADUALLY GET US TO OUR “NEW NORMAL”
• Daily health screening questions upon entry for all staff and members. If mandated, temperature checks will be implemented for members. Temperature checks will be required for staff.
• All staff and members must wash or sanitize their hands upon facility entry and frequently throughout their visit. Sanitizer is available throughout the facility.
• Subject to change and based on mandatory guidelines,
members will wear a face covering in all common areas but not while exercising. Staff will wear face coverings throughout their shift with the exception of lifeguards and group exercise instructors.
• Updated waivers with code of conduct must be signed before returning to the Y. A link to the waiver will be available on our website.
• Signage has been placed throughout the building. Please read and follow: directional flow, social distancing, hand washing and cleaning protocols.
• Staff will maintain a regular cleaning schedule to ensure all touch points are disinfected on a regular basis. We need your help!
We have additional hand sanitizing and cleaning stations and are requiring all members to clean equipment before and after use.
• Group exercise classes and pool usage will have limited capacity and will require reservation through our virtual schedule. Staff can assist members who do not have access to the reservation system.
TEMPORARY FACILITY HOURS
Mon-Fri 5:30AM – 8:00PM
Saturday 7:00AM – 2:00PM
Sunday 8:00AM – 2:00PM
AREAS / SERVICES TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
• Guest visits including Nationwide
• Child Watch / Club House
• Basketball / Pickleball / Volleyball
• Steam and Sauna
• Swim lessons / Preschool Sports classes
• Water fountains (touchless bottle filler will be available)